Wednesday 22 January 2014

CELEBRATIONS!!

Oh man we LOVED Ryan and Manu's wedding - what a stunning, wonderfull, happy day!!!
Our journey began on saterday when we flew to Cape Town, to be honest I was really nervous traveling with Oliver on a 2 hour plane trip. He has become so active I was scared he would be a nightmare - i took calming tablets and everything..... BUT as is the norm with this child he was an absoute pleasure and the flight to cape town went without a hitch!! He got all dressed up for the flight - he was wearing his BIG shoes - they are quite special to me because these were the shoes I bought the day I found out I was pregnant (I bought a boys pair and a girls pair) to put in a gift bag and give to my parents as a gift.... when my mom opened it she was like "what?... I dont understand...." - she was so confused - but my dad was like "YOU ARE PREGNANT"... so when I put these on him I was all nastolgic for that day! They finally fit him... our big boy!!!
 For the flight we got Oliver some snacks to keep him company and for the first time he had a stick of biltong....

 Despite the look on his face he really enjoyed it!!

My folks fetched us and Mike and Ollie went to sleep over at the amazing accomodation they booked - I had the super priviledge of spending the night with Manu the night before she married my brother.... i LOVED meeting her family and spending the night and then morning getting ready with her! I got the chance to finally meet her sister Maria, Brother-in-law Wayne and niece Rebecca in person - what a treat!!! (maria please forgive me for stealing a pic from your blog!!)
I have many good things to say about this family BUT the thing that stood out the most is what amazing parents they are - I hope they will share their wisdom with us in the coming months and years!!

Manu was a super chilled bride, glowing, stunning and so in love!!
(again Maria, so sorry for stealing some these pics from your blog! I had no time to take any pictures at the wedding)


It was a beautiful wedding!!!!
They are now honeymooning from Cape Town to durban and I cannot wait to see them when they get back! It amazes me that 7 months ago there was no hint of a new sister or family... and now we have both!

No comments:

Post a Comment