Monday 14 May 2018

Home



Home renovations have not been high on our priority list the last little while, I am been itching to make a few changes but time and energy just haven’t allowed it.
At the beginning of the year I was on a drive to clean out and declutter of which I did a pretty good job, I definitely made a dent but then life happened and our clean out remained unfinished. I think I have a picture of perfection in my mind which is very much unattainable BUT I do want to get back at decluttering and cleaning out to make our home a bit more free and easy. When life is busy and I get stressed I find a clean home calming and it becomes my safe space – if it is NOT clean I feel trapped and it’s just not helpful.
Our bathroom has been untouched since we moved in really – it’s a small space and will take alot of money to re-do completely (which I am seriously considering) so to make it just bearable we just got some new mirrors and towels and that will do until we are able to change it.

It all stared again when I cleared away the clutter in the lounge and when looking at it I just felt happy! I feel like just because we have kids doesn't mean that has to be toys in every corner...


Of course as a mom there is always a little tag alone while shopping but gosh, isn't she the cutest tag alone ever?




 I also finally found a comforter that I like - we prefer comforters to actually duvets so now I am on the look out for a spare so once a week we can change bedding without having to use old bedding.

I ordered a giant ruler to keep measurements of the kids heights - we have tracked this since birth and wanted to do it on a wall in our home but if we never moved I would be so heart sore - this is the perfect solution. It will end up in Ollies room once we have finished it I think.... although I really like it in the lounge.

 The mini make over - we still want to paint and add a few more bits and pieces BUT the mirrors alone make the world of difference!


 And after years of looking I finally found the perfect bedroom carpet.... I am in love!

The little things we have done now have motivated me to carry on and clean out / declutter which makes my heart so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment