Friday 26 July 2013

A humbling experience....

Over a month ago we went with my folks to church - they have a majority African congregation and the best part is the kids who walk from home to come to church. They always walk in with a huge smile and they have melted my heart for YEARS!! I use to teach Sunday school there and my heart broke when we decided to leave the church and find a congregation that was a bit bigger and offered more for Oliver.... We want him to grow up in a STRONG christian community and Red Point offers just that - we have found family there!!
Back to Azalea road - we went and after the service all the kids came to say hello to Ollie.... and these two girls took him like pros!! They couldn't be older than 7 or 8 years old and they took Ollie and "looked after" him like they have been looking after kids all their little lives -they are kids themselves!!!!





It humbled me so much.... these children look after their brothers and sisters from such a young age and me at 29 years old have times when I think "am I doing this right" - they just HAVE TO and they do...
At the age of 6 and 7 - wow!!!!
A truly humbling experience!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment