Thursday 25 October 2012

busy making room for baby :)

We have been busy making room for baby, cleaning out and getting his / her room ready!! Believe it or not this has been quite a task so far as we have somehow collected a lot of things and stored them in baby's room - now to find space for all that stuff - sigh!

It all started with cleaning out my bookshelf (plus all mikes books) to make space for baby's chest of drawers...

 I had to dismantle it completely...

 I had to bash out the bottom shelf as it was glued and nailed to the wall.
 Some pollyfiller and paint and done!
The perfect place for baby chest of drawers / changing table!!
This was the mess in the beginning!! Done lots since then!!!
 Baby chest of drawers packed for now - I know this will change as we get more things but at least its packed for now! The top drawers is being saved for all baby's toiletries and i just need to go get some drawer dividers for these!

 We are still debating baby names, will until baby comes I'm sure! Too much fun!
 I have also made a baby file - lists are what I do and I have made a list for any and everything regarding baby - to do list, need list, want list etc.
I also listed our insurance coverage and an "addition of baby" form to add baby onto our medical aid when he/she comes... trying to be organized - makes me feel more prepared!
 I just love this "money bunny" and this piggy bank - the bunny is filling up with notes for baby needs later on and the piggy bank is filling up with sliver coins... I love saving this way cause once the money is in there its unseen so it will last longer!
 We fitted the pram / car seat etc in the cupboard until we finish the inside of this cupboard...
 Cupboards all cleaned!!
 Precious kims made us some bunting for babys room - I LOVE it and cant wait to put it up!!! This is the boys side.....
 And this is the girls side!! I nearly cried when she gave it to me, such a special gift!!
 We still have lots to do!! Come December we will finish babys room - put the cot up, dado rails on the wall, paint the inside of the cupboard, put up some shelves and wall art etc and so the list continues!!
CANT WAIT!!!!

We have also made our second spare room into a proper guest room - "mikes boys room" is no longer and now when people come to stay it wont be a mad rush to get it ready! I love this spare room now - it is also sadly no where near done though!

We got a chest of drawers for all our linen and towels (these were all in baby's room)
 Mike put up a mirror about it which i think looks lovely!!

 And I just added some feminine touches to the blind...
Old suitcases as a bedside table.
But yes, LOTS still to do!! I am too excited to get going and finish up! It will have to wait a bit as family is here now for the next two weeks so we will enjoy family time and carry on from there....


No comments:

Post a Comment