Sunday 11 November 2012

Christmas mince pies...

Yesterday my mom, Aunty Lyn and myself made what seemed like a million christmas mince pies!
We started at about 10am and finished close to 6pm! It was lots of fun and lots of hard work!!
 We also made a huge mess :)
The moms made the pastry as they are seasoned bakers - I filled them and put the tops on and popped them in the freezer so we could pack them into our containers! We make them and freeze them and then just bake them as and when we want.
j
j
 They are the most delicious mince pies ever - I never used to eat mince pies until I tasted these and I wont eat any besides them! We ended up making 39 Dozen (when I got home Mike gave me a foot massage my feet were so sore)
 Mike doesn't like mince pies so I made him some Jam pies - I baked us each 2 when we got home and celebrated the beginning of the christmas season! For me mince pies mean christmas!

1 comment: