Tuesday 7 November 2017

Charley Ruth is 1 year old...

At exactly 1:06pm a year ago today we met our little Charley Bear for the first time.... after not knowing until a week before that we were having a little girl, meeting her was such a surreal moment - I was convinced that she was a boy until the last minute so wrapping my mind around her being a girl was both scary and so exciting. I only knew boys... and God knew my heart better than me and gave me just what I needed!!
One of my last tummy shots, I loved having a preggy belly BUT I was also not so keen on the 9 months of sickness that came along with it... I was more than ready to meet my sweet baby!

For you sweet baby girl -
You arrived with no fuss and stole our hearts in an instant! When you were all wrapped up and were being placed on my chest you were moaning, I remember saying "Hello baby girl" and kissing your cheek and you settled down instantly.... that was us bonded and the bond has just grown stronger with each passing day!
 I placed a pink flower in our bassinet like I did for Ollie when he was born...

 Ollie was delighted to meet you, he was adamant from the second we told him we were having another baby that you were a girl and when you were born he said "I told you it was a girl baby" - in the womb he named you baby Caramel but the second you were born and we told him we had named your Charley he wouldn't let us call your Caramel anymore, we had to call you Charley.
You, being the best sister in the world, brought Ollie a pair of REAL soccer boots and a full soccer outfit and that was that - he was sold on this sister stuff and hasn't looked back since. He has LOVED you from the second we told him about you and hasn't stopped. He adjusted brilliantly to no longer being an only child and has protected you, loved you, played with you and he is the only one who can make you laugh with such ease. You light up when he enters a room and you honestly both just bonded beautifully!
 Of course daddy was smitten.... we were slightly nervous not knowing what to expect from a little girl but babe, you melted our hearts and become the core who we are - we are not us without you!


 You came home from the hospital 3 days later and fitted into our family perfectly. You slept so well and honestly just settled into our lives with no fuss at all.
Look how TINY you were... weighing at 3.3kgs at birth you were a full 700g lighter than Ollie at birth and felt so tiny and petite. You loved falling asleep on my chest while I burped you after your bottle... I would often fall asleep with you like that at the midnight feed not wanting to put you down.


During the week after daddy got home in the evenings and put Ollie to bed he would sit with you and cuddle while I went to bed nice and early...

For the first month or so when daddy went to work and when Ollie went to school we would snuggle in bed, nap and watch movies. I didn't want to share you with anyone (ask Che Che, she will tell you)
 You very soon become too big for your carrier that we placed in your cot and we shifted you to the wedge... I am very grateful that both and you and Ollie are both good sleepers - only struggling when you are sick or teething.
Having said that though, you are NOT a good day napper - catching 2x 30 / 45min naps during the day BUT you are always happy so we soon realized that you just don't need as much sleep as Ollie did - your night routine now is quite solid which is really good so during the day we don't mind short sleeps. If there is activity around you want in, you don't want to sleep in case you miss out on anything fun.
 In the mornings you and Ollie would always lie on the couch together... waking up the world slowly.
 You have always smiled easily and joy leaks from your every pore... you truly are pure sunshine!
 Your first Christmas you were just over a month old, you brother was excited enough for the both of you and of course we matched you both in Christmas pajamas as is our Christmas tradition.
In January 2017 dad and I bought a old Caravan and you and me spent the next two months revamping it... we did a complete makeover and since you have camped more than a few times.... the reason behind the caravan was to make sure would provide you and Ollie with lovely camping memories and make your childhood the best we can! You change routine really well and cope beautifully on holidays,. You were only a few months old on your first ever camping trip.
 You have the most beautiful blue eyes gifted to you from daddy.
We camped at Easter time and of course we took the face paint with, I could not resist making you into the cutest bunny....
 You have hit your mile stones beautifully... always on track and honestly you are growing up way to fast for my liking!!

 You think you are the cutest thing ever and LOVE seeing yourself in the mirror.
These last few were taken this morning, a whole year after the day you were born.... we cannot imagine our lives without you and are so grateful God chose you as our daughter!!




We love you dearly our sweet Charley Ruth, you are a delight and I am proud to be your mommy!!

2 comments: