Wednesday 7 February 2018

A few changes...

We decided a few changes were due in 2018 and so far so good.
They are small changes but they have been hugely helpful!

1. No more eating in front of the TV
We have strick eating at the table rules which was a very easy transition... we chat, catch up on our days and play eye spy. Besides the lovely chatting time the kiddes are eating very well as their attention isn't focused on the TV - a win win :)
 2. Family calender
Ok, so this isn't really a change but we finally got our family calendar printed and posted on our fridge... this just helps me with my organisation and is very pretty to look at.
 3. Meal planning.
Last year my weeks were busy and unorganized and our dinners would always be an issue - we would either spend way to much money on take away or on a quick shop at Spar or eat so late because I had no planned food. Besides being very unhealthy it was also such a drain.
I have now planned my meals for the month, shopped for all the ingredients and my cupboards are full of stuff that I can make a meal quickly. This means at times that frozen veg are used instead of fresh (which is by far my preference) BUT its a small price to pay for easy dinners that are healthy, yum and sustaining.
 4. I also shopped for snacks for the month and when they are gone they are gone.
I made sure I had ingredients to make fresh cookies and biscuits as well, this give me a chance to have Ollie bake with me which is his favorite AND they are much more tasty than store bought cookies. I LOVE having home made goodies in my home... I must say too that Mike and the kids are so good at savoring their snacks - these should easily last the month.

These few changes have already made the BIGGEST difference in my life and I am figuring out a few more changes that will help our weeks run smoothly.
I have organised every single cupboard (accept the kids toys - that is still pending) and there is nothing better than opening a cupboard or a drawer and seeing it neat and organised, definitely my love language.

No comments:

Post a Comment