Thursday 8 February 2018

Special Fridays...

Friday are the only days I get to leave early enough to fetch the kids and then 'do' something with them. Our week days are fetch the kids, feed them, bath them and then its such a small amount of time until bedtime... but Fridays I have some extra time and I have decided that it will be a treat one way or another. Ollie gets to choose one week and Charley (me) gets to choose the week after.
The choices are -
1) Spur for an ice cream (total cost of R25 and they have to share)
2) Wimpy for a baby-chino (R4.50)
The reason I am adding the values is that another change we made this year was trying our best to stick to a very strict budget which we lacked a bit last year. I have explained to Ollie the value of money and the reason we cannot always buy something when we want it - he fully understands and often says "mom, I would really like that but its very expensive hey?" to which I reply YES and we move on. I must say, I am very proud of my boy - he has never had a tantrum when we are walking in the shops and he asks for something to which the answer is NO (which is more often than not), he makes my heart very proud!

The last Friday play date we had was at spur - Ollie chose to rather have the bigger ice cream and share it with Charley than have a cone and this boy is too bright cause he must have known Charley wouldn't have liked the ice cream too much - she just wanted the empty little sweety containers which Ollie happily gave her.



 The week before we had baby chino's at wimpy - poor Charley just had water :) But next time she can have her own one I think.



I have been really enjoying going to our Wimpy or Spur, ordering one small things for the kiddies and a water for myself and seeing the bill be less that R30 each time. We have put money aside for weekend spending and when its finished then its finished - this way our outings can be so many more and we just eat at home - which is healthier and cheaper - I always felt like I needed to make the bill a substantial amount by ordering extras because swiping for R30 seems ridiculous but why? I feel more than ok to pay a whole R30 for something as having excess is more ridiculous than paying a small bill. I so cherish this time with my kiddies!


No comments:

Post a Comment