Monday 14 May 2012

Beach walk!

Yesterday we joined some of our church friends on a beach walk - Grant was there and hes raising money for a charity called COCA, its all about enabling communities to be productive and self sustaining, its an awesome initiative! We are doing something called "march maddness" where Grant (our one elders at church) takes money for dares and gives it all to charity. He got paid to shave off his hair into a mo-hawk and stuff like that and he has RAISED so much money so far, its awesome!!
Grant was also paid to skate down the beach front in a pink speedo and that where we were yesterday... with him on the beach!!  Of course the pups came with us!
 Some of the crowd going for the walk...
Grant looking AWESOME - he was roller skating with a granny walker cause he cant skate :) Tooooo funny!!!
 My precious husband and our precious pups!!
 A lovely dovey moment!
We walked about 2.5 - 3 klms to the other end of the beach front and It was a lovely afternoon until i took a run on the beach with the pups and twisted my ankle - it was SO embarrassing!! I was running back and forth into the water with the pups and when I ran into the water I hit a little ditch and twisted my ankle... bailed into the water, with my clothes on, in front of a beach full of people - NOT COOL but hey, what can you do!! On top of all that we then had to walk back the 2.5 - 3lkm's back to the car - mike offered to run and fetch it but at the time it was ok! As the evening wore on it started swelling and bruising and today it is really sore! Going for acupuncture tomorrow and Friday to see if that will help - I'm sure it will!!! So frustrated I couldn't go to gym today and probably for the rest of this week but ya..... just want my ankle to feel better because on Sunday we have booked for a 10lkm fun walk so we'll see :) Good times hey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment