Thursday 6 June 2013

(long overdue) Trip to PE...

Our trip to PE was so lovely, you would think a 12 hour trip with a month old baby would be a nightmare but our boy was AMAZING!!! He didn't moan at all and was a star all the way!

We left at 3am and it was COLD here, we were all dressed up and ready to go in the dark and rain.
and of course we had to stop for coffee.... and Ollie had his something to drink.

 In PE I really didnt take many pictures at all with all the family, time went too quick and things were way to busy but it was MUCH colder there than there so he got to wear all his lovely fleecy clothes!

 Look at this face :)
 On the Wednesday we got ready for my grandpas memorial of sorts, they had a funeral at the home where he stayed so this was just actually for the family to scatter his ashes and say goodbye - Olivers first memorial!
 It was really cold and windy and my Uncle Gary just read a scripture and then the ashes were scattered and some roses were laid in the sea.


Afterwards we all went for lunch and actually had a lovely time chatting and just spending time together!

After a week with the family we headed home and spent three nights at a game reserve called
Mountain Zebra Lodge - it was so lovely and also a time to chill and relax before we headed home! It also cut the trip in half which was lovely!
We stopped at the most amazing farm stall on the way and I had such a delicious  yogisip - man it was good!! We also had "roostebrood" which was amazing - farm style filled with egg and bacon!

 We arrived happy to just be the four of us and have some lekker peace and quiet!!
 This was the view from our patio...
 and anyone who knows my dad knows he LOVES making fires so we had a lovely burning fire every evening!
 Ollie even got changed in front of the fire after his baths at night!
 Look how warm and cosy and chubby he looks!
 I loved packing out my shoes and then thought Olivers also belonged in the cupboard :)
 My boy loves his pram and snoozes everytime we take him for a walk!

We went for bunch one morning as we were lazy to make food - egg, bacon, toast and coffee the best way to start my day!!


 Here are a few pics Mountain Zebra - so lovely!


 I posted Mike an "I love you" post card cause I was missing the HELL out of him!!!!
 And mom and I went on a night game drive - we didnt see much but it was awesome and SUPER DUPER COLD!! The guide arrived and said to me "sheesh are you warm enough" - I just LAUGHED cause I was bundled up so much!
You cannot beat this view!
We traveled through in my dads bakkie that he and my mom have named Eeyore.... We made this sticker for my dad for his birthday.... You did well Eeyore!!
What a lovely trip - I love spending time with our family and some alone time with my parents!!


No comments:

Post a Comment