Saturday 2 July 2011

Garden and home show.

Every year our exhibition center hosts a garden and home show - this showcases any and everything related to garden and home! Its awesome!! We invited Madvhi to come with us and the best part is we got give free complimentary tickets...
Us happy campers before we left-
Mike saying goodbye to Timmy - he always gets like Eeyore when we leave him - shame!
We parked at the ICC and took a lift up to the Royal hotel - the exhibition center is right over the road... This is us the lift on the way up - we were laughing cause mike is certain that there are video cameras in the lift and was a bit embarrassed about the photos being taken :)
There is always and amazing coffee and cake stand at this and every year mike scouts it out to look for something yummy - me not being a huge sweet tooth just enjoy Mike enjoying his cake!!!
Mads had cheese cake and mike had a chocolate moose on a base of brownie - delicious!
we fell in love with this chair - i was considering getting one for our patio before i heard they cost R16 000 - that changed my mind immediately and we just enjoyed it for a moment!!
We walked into this little room and realized it was like a home theater... flippen amazing!!!! I have always wanted one of these in my house... our house is too little to have a room dedicated to movies BUT as soon as we move up in the world and win the lottery i will have a room like this - and a popcorn machine of course!! It turned out this wasn't just a HUGE TV but it was actually a projector, the image was crystal clear!
one of my favorite things at this show is the twizzled potato... I look forward to this every year!!!
The flavour i chose for this was BBQ and chili - Y U M !!!!

Mike found a "eco-friendly" bench while Mads and i fussed over our twizzler...
Mads joined him...
Mike has been battling with his neck and we figured his pillow is too soft! We found this awesome hypoallergenic pillow and when he woke up he said this really did help his neck!
Us back down the lift with all our bags...
The last two things i found there was Wasabi mayonnaise (AMAZING) and freshly baked rye bread... i could not wait till morning so i made myself a late night sandwich and oh man it was worth it!!
A perfect end to the evening!

1 comment:

  1. I could definitely use one of those potatoes right about now. YUM! I've never seen them! Also, I like the hanging chairs too. I once put a hanging bench swing in my room.... I was so excited until I found out I couldn't do anything (sew, read, homework) on it because I got motion sickness.

    ReplyDelete