Monday 28 March 2011

Not another flight!!

My mom and I had lunch at the airport on friday before I flew to JHB... we went to news cafe (which I havent been to in ages) and had the most divine lunch!
Toasted rye sandwiches, very tasty and delicious! I had chicken mayo and my mom had ham and cheese!
Was nice to chat and catch up, it feels like is been a while!


AND now for the drama... my flight was at 3:25pm, I boarded the plane at about 2:40pm and then we waited and waited - took off at about 4ish... long wait on a cramped plane and the plane was packed!!
I luckily had a window seat... so that made me feel a little better.
We took off, all was well - flew to JHB, the weather was really bad so it was a bit bumpy, get got to JHB airport and started circling the airport - we all thought that maybe there was another plane waiting to land BUT it turns out that because of the storm we couldn’t land and had to go all the way back to Durban airport, refuel, wait and then fly back.
We weren’t allowed to get off the plane, we had to just sit and wait - what a mission. And the planes aircon doesn’t work unless the airplane is in motion so it was really hot. I was really happy I had my book and my laptop with me so I just read and watched a DVD, and I was very gratefull for my niknacks and wine gums that Mike bought for me!
We refueled and then waited. EVENTUALLY I arrived at JHB airport at 8pm.
So I spent 5 hours and 20 minutes on a plane for a flight that normally takes 45 minutes!
I am offically SICK of flying and planes and never want to fly again.... pity I have to be in JHB for two weddings in April hey, cant get away from it!

1 comment:

  1. That;s hectic my friend. What a looong wait! Glad that your flight back was better.

    ReplyDelete