Friday 25 March 2011

Our going away tradition.

When ever Mike or I go away without one another we write eachother letters for each meal time we're apart.
Not 100% sure when or how this started... I think I just did this for Mike once and it kinda caught on. I LOVE it cause it then feels like I dont miss him as much as I normally would.

This is my letter stack for mike, with two slabs of chocolate to tide him over for the weekned. It is always on his pillow when he gets home the day before I leave.

I though Mike had forgotten about me this time - no letter when I got home yesterday... I was a bit sad BUT this morning he arrived at work with my letter stack and some goodies. He had left them at work and this morning he quickly fetched them and brought them to me.
My letters came with my three favourites - a "tropica" fruit juice (that will be finished way before I get on the plane) some niknacks which will, most likely, be consumed on the plane while I am reading my book.. and some winegums to be eaten between now and sunday :)
I feel really special and spoilt and loved - you are the best, thank you!!
This is me after getting my stash of pressies and letters!!
Beaming!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm intrigued by niknaks and winegums! I also like your letter tradition. If we wouldn't have so many letters to write I'd think about starting up a tradition like that myself!

    ReplyDelete