Sunday 24 February 2013

Hospital tour...

Yesterday we went for our maternity ward tour....
We went shopping earlier and basically got everything i need for my hospital bag (including some bottled waters and some healthy snacks - high in my list of priorities)...  and then we took a nice slow drive to the hospital. We got there a little early so Mike and I shared a tea in the hospital canteen -
We chatted about how Mike will be visiting the canteen a lot when we're booked in with baby.... and pictured our families sitting around all nervous and excited when I got into labor waiting to hear if we had a boy or a girl..... MUCH EXCITEMENT!The tour started at 2:30....
I really appreciated seeing the maternity ward and the birthing rooms - it settled my heart and gave me a picture in my mind when i go into labor so i don't have to worry!
The rooms are so lovely - not at all clinical and the nurses seems LOVELY!!! Now there isn't this huge blank in my mind when i think of going into labor and rushing to hospital - there is now something i can picture and i'm not that scared anymore! Don't get me wrong, the nerves kick in from time to time BUT our hearts are much more settled now.

We then went for a little browse around the shops and had a lovely early dinner together - just the two of us - like a mini date! Loved it!!
It was a really good day!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you! I like to have a little picture in my head about what's going to happen! Yay! So glad this could soothe your soul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All organized and prepared, I'm the same... love to feel ready and a bit in control. Soon your precious little pinkfoot will be in your arms!!!!! Have heaps of rest and lots of naps!!!! Lots of luv & hugs♡

    ReplyDelete