Thursday 18 August 2011

A Meal for friends...

Growing up at home if someone was sick my mom would make the a meal - it was just the thing to do!! So now if any of my friends are sick i try and make them a meal... and it know how much it means not have to cook when you aren't feeling well!
To this day if i am sad or feeling sick my mom makes me pea soup :)
Ruthie and Jurgens (our homegroup leaders) are both not well - they have two precious boys and are hosting Mads and Manon - our special Mauritian friends - until the end of the year so their plate is full!! The least i could do was make them a meal... and i love making things like this a little special to make my friends feel a little bit better!
I decided something warm and hearty would go down well... so i pie it was!! I made a chicken and mushroom pie and decorated it accordingly!
i LOVE decorating my pies....
and i figured "get well soon" was rather appropriate!
With this i made sweetcorn (MY FAV), rolls and a nice slab of chocolate for pudding!
Ruthie is our church secretary and she is always on the move - she is involved in SO much and gives so much!!! She is amazing and someone i would like to become like!!
I hope this gives Ruthie a bit of a break tonight and helps her and Jurgens feel better soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment