Thursday 14 June 2012

10 June 2012.

10 June 2012 - 6 years after the day we stood in front of all our friends and family and pledge our love to each other... a very special day, a very special memory and a very special feeling of accomplishment! As the years go by and things just keep getting better we just smile to ourselves and sigh!! Sunday came way too quickly after a lovely two nights away...
Some morning kisses :)

 Breakfast in the beautiful sunshine again... we are creatures of habit so we chose the same table we sat at the day before!!


Some more pictures in the garden with the sun just in the right place!!
 We walked around a bit and took some photos of the place where we stayed - Jock followed us everywhere, he really is a cute little mutt!!
 Some sillyness!
 Poor Jock - missed us when we left!
We saw there was a craft market on Sunday we so popped into Howick on our way to mikes surprise and did a bit of browsing - the sun was shining BUT the wind was freezing!

 I found this really cool coffee pot - I have a teapot just like this but I have been wanting a taller one for ages!! Yayayay - I was excited by this treasure!
Also got some gifts and snacks!

 Mike saw these awesome cars...
 We then popped into a second hand book store and I found something that made my heart stop - some old "Famous Five" books.... 9 in total and I want them ALL!! They are quite pricey so I have to save up a bit to buy them BUT I have to have them..... they are just like I remember reading them when I was little!
 I also want this one!!!
I had a surprise planned for mike - I organized a private picnic to be set up for us and catered for... When we got engaged I planned a picnic for us to celebrate so this was just a reminder of that!!
It was so lovely.... set up just of us!! In a nice remote corner of a beautiful
farmey area!!
Now it was really chilly!! The wind was COLD!!!!!

We cuddled under a blanket all afternoon!!
Our basket was packed with delicious treats.... YUMMMMMY!!



Our menu... so many choices!!
 Hee hee, some sillyness!



 This was coronation chicken..... chicken with nuts and grapes... SO good!!



 Mike read my book to me most of the afternoon as is our tradition - my heart just melts when he reads to me... poor guy has to read his wife bed time stories - no jokes! Enid Blyton is part of our bedtime routine!!
 Salad and fresh bread...

 We ordered coffee and tea from the TRUTH cafe and they brought it down to us!


We then headed home to fetch our pups from their grandparents..... we loved our time away but always miss home!!! 7 years here we come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment