Monday 11 June 2012

Anniversary weekend away - Friday night!

This past weekend was our anniversary weekend away - on the 10th June Mike and I had been married for SIX years - SIX I cant believe it... its so good when it just keep getting better and better - life is good!!
UNFORTUNATELY as things would have it our weekend away started in tears - mine of course - Mike was away with work and got back much later than we thought so we ended up going later than we had planned... and we were suppose to copy a whole bunch of comedy onto a CD for our road trip but we forgot so I was just bummed! Its our tradition -when we go away we listen to comedy and it makes it feel like a road trip.... we've also been quite stressed and tired these last few weeks to this was the last straw for my very emotional self - poor mike! I cried and cried... and then when I looked up we were at Mac Donald's and Mike had bought me a McFlurry - good man... then tears then soon stopped and I realized I was being SILLY... and the happy road trip began! The weekend was blissful from that moment on...
We went to a place called Stocklands Farm in Howick and it was lovely - all old school farmy and we LOVED it!! When we walked in all the heaters were on and it was all lovely and toasty! Some pictures of our chalet.

 Thank goodness for electric blankets... we would have frozen otherwise!!
 I LOVED the lounge.... love the two chairs and the lamp!!

 We signed the visitors book :) so many lovely comments and we know why - this is our new favorite place to go now!!
 We had a lovely tiny little kitchen - we didn't cook at all but if we stayed longer next time we might!





 Shame Mike was super tired after his night away - he said he probably slept for about 2 hours the night before so he was so so tired!!

 All the little touches!
 We had cheese and biscuits for dinner...
 Mike falling alseep.... tired and wanting to go to bed and I was just yacking his ear off!!
Bedtime came and we crawled into toasty beds - lovely!!!!
There are too many photos (and not enough time) to blog our whole weekend now so I'll blog them each day... Saturday to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment