Saturday 9 March 2013

Babyshower!!!

Yesterday was our baby-shower and it was perfect! I didn't want it to be a surprise - not that kinda girl, the only person who is allowed to surprise me is mike!! So I knew the date and kinda chatted about what we would like (VERY chilled and simple) and from there my mom and very precious friends took over and would not let me do anything else - Mom, Debs, Chantal and Ruthie made it all happen and it was so beautiful!! We had it at my folks church just because we were worried about if it rained because we just had a picnic - boys, girls and kiddies were invited - just a huge get together to celebrate our baby coming! I said to mike everyone who was there was the "village" that will help raise our child, very special!

I had a bit of a wobbily in the morning, I really COULD NOT find anything to wear - everything I've been wearing it feels like I've been wearing all the time.... and I wanted to look pretty! YOH, this tummy is really getting big and my outfits are limited :) BUT fished this top out of my cupboard - it was like number 100 I tried on....but i was comfy and ended up being happy!!
Debs messaged me on friday and said I should be ready by 10am and she is coming to do my hair and make up - tooooo freaken sweet!!! She even gave me a manicure!! Just made the day so much more special!

 Tims sat on my lap the whole time, I think he knew it was a special day for us :)
 We arrived at the church and it was decorated so beautifully!!!! These are from Jayde who sent a care package from NZ - came on friday - perfect timing for Saturday!

LOOK at this present table - so lovely!!!
 I fell in love with this wormy, Mike has name him Joseph cause of his many colours.... he is now happily lying in baby's cot! AND Jerry was sent from Jude - i recon baby is going to LOVE him!!

 There was a sweety table for pudding filled to the brim with sweeties, sherbert, cupcakes, rice-crispy treats, suckers and so much more!!! All the sweeties were in blue and pink as we don't know if baby is a girl or a boy!
 The tables were decorated with blue and pink table clothes over fairy lights and teddies in these little cages..... so perfect!!!

Jurgens was kind enough to bring his jumping castles to church and they were a HUGE hit - the kids loved playing on them BUT i have to say the adults loved it more!! we have video footage of the boys all racing mike - he won 3 out of 4.... was really funny!!! They boys all came back complaining about all the aches and pains from their races!!

My mom also had a ball playing with Elisha on the castle - I am dying to hear if she is super stiff today :)



The best part about this babyshower was the people!!!

Here was everyone who helped set up and get everything ready!!
 Dyls photo bombing :)
 How funny is this - made me laugh so much!!!!
 
How cute is Aarya, baby is due on this precious little girls birthday - can only mean good things!!!


 Ross and Kims.....
 I love this pic, Mikey F and his little boys shoes, I just dig it!!
 Wayne and Kims...
 Wayne and Mikey F :)
 l

 My cousin Tyrin and his finance Krista, they are getting married in 3 weeks so that is our next big function - we cannot wait!!
 Everyone brought their own picnics and then pudding was the sweety table and ice-creams!!




The kids LOVED the sherbert, it was a huge hit!!

 These are our precious boys that we babysit from time to time!!


 I seriously loved every moment of being with our friends and just having some time to all be together!!! It started at 11am and we got home around 3:30pm..... we invited some peeps to come home and open pressies with us! We piled all the pressies in the car and off we went :)
We all SQUEEZED into the lounge and the fun began!!
 The pups were a little overwhelmed with all the people :) 




 Ella handed out presents - one to me and one to "uncle Mike" (but she gave me all the biggest ones :) she was so excited for presents it was the cutest thing ever..... and when ever we got some money she said "yoh aunty Candace, baby is RICH".... man we got spoilt - I wish this baby knew how freaken loved it is already and it isn't even born yet!!!


Jayde had sent us some Tim Tams with our parcel and they were the perfect pudding to end the prefect day!!!! We polished 3 whole packs with our tea and coffee..... LOVED the whole day!!!
 This was baby's room now with all the gifts.... I was exhausted and was going to sort out all the presents today only BUT after a shower and some dinner I got antsy and sorted them all out :)
 My goodness, all this spoiling was a bit overwhelming!!! I was a bit emotional about it all (hello hormones) and it just makes us even more excited about this baby's coming!!!

I think now I must wake up the precious husband, ask if he wants to go for breakfast and possible buy the one thing we still need for baby a digital thermometer!

Life is sweet!!!






1 comment:

  1. You looked absolutely stunning my friend and your baby shower looked amazing!

    ReplyDelete