Tuesday 19 March 2013

Weekend away...

This past weekend we spent the weekend down the coast in Hiberdene with friends and it was such a lovely time!! We left straight from work - this was the view from our balcony - lovely hey!!

My mom made us delicious home made pasta for the first night so we didn't have to arrive and cook - it was amazing!!!! 
We stayed up late chatting and laughing and then went to bed just after midnight.... at about 5am Mike woke up and asked if i had seen his phone...I messaged him and it didn't deliver so we just thought "oh well" and went back to bed. My routine is wake up and go to the loo and when I went into the bathroom I saw our toiletry bag was missing - weird!! I thought the boys were messing with me so I went out to ask and it turns out that is NOT all that was missing.... we had some midnight visitors who came in and helped themselves to some of our things! They forces open the bathroom window and came in that way. They took Mikes phone and shoes, my toiletry bag and our camera... but that was minor compared to what Thula lost - his work laptop, 3 hard drives, phone - shame!!!!
So the rest of our day was talking to the cops, writing statements and all of that!! Not a good start to the weekend BUT despite that we had an awesome time!
 Later on the fingerprint guy came and finger (and shoe) printed the bath where the peeps came in...
We actually didn't think our insurance would cover any of our losses but it seems they will - what a pleasure!! ALL I am worried about is our camera cause we need it for when baby comes - so getting quotes together and sending through our claim!

Despite all that we really had an AWESOME weekend and have made plans to go again in June / July (not to the same place but away together). Nothing better than going away with friends and LOVING EVERY SECOND!!

On Sunday we went to the waffle house for lunch and it was amazing!! SO bummed my camera was taken or I would have such lovely photos!
how amazing does this look!! This is the waffle that Mike and I shared!

So cheers to a weekend spent walking barefoot, swimming, fishing, beach soccer and cricket, chatting, laughing, eating GOOD food and best of all spending it with peeps we truly love!
Cant wait for the next adventure!


No comments:

Post a Comment