Friday 22 March 2013

DIY day...

Yesterday was a public holiday and we used this time to do a whole bunch of things that we needed to do!! The list was LONG...

1) clean out the garage
2) take my car for a valet
3) finish painting the chest of drawers
4) put up our bedroom side-shelves
5) clean out our spareroom
6) hang our new bedroom curtains
7) move the jacuzzi
8) Hang babys block out blind
9) FINISH baby's room
... and many things in between!!

It was a long day BUT so fulfilling as we got so much done!

I found this cute bin for baby's room.
The block-out blind is up - thanks mom!!

 The chalk board notice board is up behind the door - perfect for noting feeding times etc.
I laminated a piece of paper to put on the changing table / chest of drawers....
 My mom made this awesome nappy bag - I LOVE the colour :)
 My mom also made this cushion for our feeding chair - what would I do without my mom?
Bags all packed :)
So baby's room is DONE!!
Now all we need is our baby to come!!

Secondly we gave our room a baby make over - I must say I really love how peaceful it looks :)
Mike put our these floating shelves for next to our bed - I love that only the necessities can fit on here as I find any spare places get piled high with stuff!! 

 I also added some girly touches to our one wall....
The chest of drawers finally done - i think it spent over 8 / 9 months in the garage....
 and we added some shear curtains....
After a whole day working its lovely to walk into our room and just sigh with happiness - bless it!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting that baby's room is done! Now it's just the waiting game :) plus your bedroom looks gorgeous - it really does look so peaceful! Love!

    ReplyDelete