Sunday 31 March 2013

Reality check!

A reality check every now and again is never a bad thing - I got one last night! We got back from family close to 10pm which was fine BUT because we ate so late it seems my indigestion would not allow me to sleep - I fell asleep and then awoke with a feeling of wanting to get sick and 3 lots of Gaviscon later it still didn't help! I saw 1am, 2am, 3am and 4am.... eventually somewhere between 4am and 5am I feel asleep only to wake up at 6am.... Gosh - and then I realized that when baby comes this is what its going to be like for a the first little while! A little daunting and exhausting to tell you the truth!
I also woke up to 5 stretchmarks, I haven't had any and was rather happy with that fact and this morning they had just appeared! I am not super bummed but it would have been nice to not have any....
My feet are HUGE and when I say HUGE i mean HUGE!
I have aches and pains in my tummy and sides and back.
I cannot seem to get comfortable and stay that way for more than a half an hour at a time.

I have LOVED being pregnant, I really have - I have been so amazed how this baby has grown and how my tummy has grown with it, I haven't minded the weight I have put on, and the excitement of who this little munchkin is going to be has been so much fun.... BUT with 10 sleeps to go I am getting tired and sore and antsy - I just want baby to come now!!

The reality of this is hitting me slowly and YOH is life going to change!
I said to mike I feel like tonight may be a sleepless night again and I am dreading it, I LOVE my sleep and dont deal too well without it. We ate early and I had a small dinner, I haven't had that much water to drink (which kills me cause i get really thirsty) and still I feel the indigestion laughing at me.

So hello reality check, i hear you loud and clear!
Let me please sleep as much as I can before baby comes, give me at least that!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh! And THATs what I'm afraid of haha. Gold star for bein' a trooper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you heaps... soon you'll hold your baby in your arms and yes you will be sooooooo tired at times... but treasure each minute, they grow up in a blink of an eye... you are going to be such a great mama♡

    ReplyDelete