Thursday 5 January 2012

Home ideas...

This year we are going to make it a home year - we have lots of ideas and lots of "wants" so we began with ordering a new couch for our lounge!!
I love my couch now, its the first new couch mike and i bought together when we bought our place BUT its just not big enough... we need more seating!
My special couch now (sad to be selling it)but it only seats 3 people comfortable...
This is the couch we ordered and it should arrive at the end of January (something to look forward to!!)
CANT WAIT!! Now we are just praying that we sell our current couch before we get our new one... we'll see! I got some birthday and christmas money and found these lovely cushions for our new couch!
We also FINALLY found a mirror for our bedroom... our walls are still bare so this fills up the space nicely!!
... and on the home streak we also finally found a decently priced chest of drawers for our bedroom to put under our new mirror! I needs a lot of work but looking forward to the project! We need to sand it, prime it, paint it white and find some groovy handles!

Seeing as its the new year i also felt the need to do some spring cleaning... i have finished yet (having a lazy day)but our kitchen, lounge and bedroom is all clean and tidy!! One thing that always amazes me is all the extra coat hangers i find when we spring clean...
Nice and tidy... makes my heart happy!
I hope my laziness doesn't linger for too long cause i want to get the rest of my house spik and span!

The next few things on the list of things to do is do some woodwork on our front gate and bars, the garage needs a good clean (so my car can fit back in there) and price closing in the back courtyard and make it into a gorgeous laundry room (my dream!!)
So yay for 2012 and yay for home decor and yay for DIY!!!
God bless my poor husband whose head spins whenever i say the words "babes, i have an idea"....

No comments:

Post a Comment