Tuesday 10 January 2012

My new (old) treasure...

I have been looking for a record player for years... seriously - from time to time i browse and see if there is one in working order that i can fine because i love the old school feel of them and last week my brother called me to say someone from work want to get rid of theirs and do we want it for R100 - i was like YES PLEASE and then did a little dance of joy!
and isn't it gorgeous? I have found a special place for it in my lounge so we can use it - i am just waiting for the "pre-amp" we ordered so we can play it through mikes guitar amp!
This table is perfect too cause i can store the records underneath, they fit perfectly!

I have some records that i have been collecting BUT I felt the need to go find some more! I went to our hospice shop and found 27 records (R2 a piece,not bad) that i had to have... mike was as convinced as i was but he'll come around :)
Check out my stash -
I found some Bill Cosby comedy that i thought we'd get a kick out of... so excited to hear it!
A classic
another classic!
I laughed when i saw this and thought of mike - we have all the back to the future movies and thought this was really cool...
i LOVE children's books and movies and was super stoked to have found this...
Yet another classic...
and the only record i was actively looking for was Boney M christmas record... i cant wait to play this while our lights are twinkling!
Oh man i was so chuffed when i found these...i found a couple other treasures at hospice that need some work - a side table that needs a sand and a paint, an old (cool and old school) tool box that im not sure what i'll do with it but i fell in love with it... two old suitcases!!
Cant wait to get stuck in and get them cleaned up and in working order!!

1 comment: