Sunday 8 April 2012

Easter Sunday!

Jesus is alive.
Thank you God for giving your son Jesus for ME!
I was given the rather daunting task of giving the Easter story to our grade 2 - 4's in our kids min class today... I had a few panic attacks as this is such a relevant story to our faith and in my heart I really wanted to get it across to the children of what Jesus really did for us! I am happy to say that it all went well and the kids were very receptive - they knew the story all to well so trying to make it relevant to them was the hard part....One things stuck out to me and this is something that we spoke on last week...
LOVE COVERS ALL SIN.

What a lovely church service this evening too just solidifying the heart of the Jesus I serve!
As part of the occasion after church in the coffee area we had some musicians just jamming in the background- a cafe evening of sorts as a celebration of the meaning of today! Mike and I were treated to some hot-cross buns and a cuppachino and stayed to enjoy the vibe!!

Our evening is ending with a movie camp out in the lounge (one of our favorite things to do) and plan on waking up late and having a lovely lazy Monday - yay for public holidays!!

What a lovely weekend so far... I have lots more to blog but our movie awaits - I'll catch up soon!
Happy Easter all, hope your day was as special as ours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment