Sunday 1 April 2012

City celebration!

A few weeks ago we went to a city celebration - its when all the churches in our area and that we are affiliated with get together for an evening together - we ALWAYS look forward to these because they are always so relevant!! There was a HUGE worship band which made worship amazing.... I love worship and on this night when I closed my eyes I could feel the songs and the words in my soul!... very inspiring! The message was all about victories in God and how when died for us he said "sin / self loathing / greed (place any other word in there that you struggle with) you have bullied my people too long" and then he died to take those things away - a victory in God!
For me I have days and weeks when I feel severely beat up... mostly by myself... and this takes me to a place that I cant crawl out of myself - when i fall on my knees and give these things up that is a victory in God. When I speak wisdom into someones life (that seems to come from no where) that is a victory in God, when I am teaching at Kids min and I seem to have extra patience for the naughty few kids that is a victory in God.... and the list goes on!! I always feel that i am not doing enough, feeling enough, making a difference when the most important thing to remember is to look for the small victories in God and go from there!!!

Getting together as a group of believers give you confidence to go into the things God is calling you to - its so awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment