Friday 6 April 2012

Spagetti bread!!

We had Debs and Alan over for dinner last night and I decided to try something new for dinner - spaghetti bread!! I saw it on "pinterest" and last night was the time to try it!!! I am very happy to say it was DELICIOUS and a huge success.... this is how my kitchen always looks when I cook or bake - mike says I use every utensil I have when I could and should just use the same spoon more than twice :) My way is to make a HUGE mess and when all the cooking is done I clean up - mike cooks and cleans up at the same time.... just shows - opposites attract. Back to the spaghetti bread -
It all starts with some dough....

 add your cooked and already mixed spaghetti, add cheese to the top if you want and some spices...
 Make some cuts- ok its suppose to look plaited but mine DID NOT!!!
I kinda just folded it up, added some spices and a little bit of cheese...
 and oh yes...... bake for about 35 minutes and done!!!!! They were so so good - i thought they might be too heavy and like carbo loaded but they weren't at all! a new favorite in our home!
 Looks good hey!
 I made sweet potato and salad with it, a very good combination!


Mike decorated the chalk board for our special guests!!
 I used my new place mats (love them!)
 I also decided to get a whole bunch of individual drinks so we could choose what we want... was quite cool actually! a bit more expensive than buying two large drinks but I love doing this!
 and some lemon water.
 I had to more these things from our dining room table - actually really like them here so this might be their new home :)
 I was lazy with pudding - custard cups, smarties and nut chocolate!!!

I love nothing more than sharing a meal with friends... LOVED last night and look forward to many many more chilled dinner evenings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment