Monday 9 May 2011

Mothers day.

As we all know yesterday was mothers day... we were busy in the morning and afternoon so we invited both sets of parentals to dinner! We wanted to spoil them a bit and just spend some time as a family! Love these days...
Every good occasion starts with our Coke a cola chalk board being decorated with the special notice of the day.. mike is much better at this than me so while i have made the food, set the table etc etc mike gets to decorate the notice board! He always does such an amazing job!
Before our dinner of apricot chicken - which i made perfectly by the way - we had some tea... our moms LOVE tea and they love it even more in my fancy tea cups! I have collected a huge mis-matched set - some very special ones from our moms friends, some bought at second hand stores.. love my tea set! The ones I used for the moms last night was given to me from my moms friend Aunty Gladys.. love these!!
hee hee, the moms got the nice tea cups only - the dads had to settle for mugs :)
Mike and his mom....
Me and my momsie...
Yes i was very tired by the end of the night- with gyming and life being hectic lately i was kind of exhausted so we just sunk into bed after everyone went home!
best time of my day is jumping into a warm bed next to mike who reads me bedtime stories... every now and again the doggies are allowed to hop onto our bed and listen too.. makes my heart happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment