Friday 8 April 2011

Not so blue anymore...

So its a few hours later and things are not feeling as bad as they did this morning! I had a wonderful nap after my delicious lunch... Mike came home with a hug and kiss in tow... and I am feeling much better. My dad is here now, we had pizza for dinner and we are watching some TOP GEAR which I really enjoy, a good evening all in all!
There are a few things in life that bring me lots of joy and seems to slow the roller-coaster which is life down! The simplest things in life make me happy... here are my top 10!
1) spending a Friday evening at home, dinner and a movie!
2) taking the puppies for a run after work at the doggy field.
3) watching some series on a lazy home evening - we are watching the complete Seinfeld series at the moment and LOVING it - on season 4 I think - cracks me up!!
4) Going for a walk / run with mike - we get time to chat things out!
5) when mike reads to me - we flip between "famous five", "Winnie the Pooh" (I have the complete works book- got it for my birthday) and "Mary Poppins" (complete series too). Love the magic and excitement of fairy tales!!
6) Making a new recipe when it turns out well!! and then adding to my recipe file!
7) making changes to our home, making it our own and adding our style - find new and easy ways to decorate.
8) Hopping in the jacuzzi after work when its sweltering hot....
9) Visiting antique stores and rummaging around for good finds!
10) and last but not least... loosing myself in a good book when I have the time to relax!!
Talking of books - We are looking at possibly getting me a KINDLE for my birthday.... yes it is still 8 months away so we have plenty of time to save!! I will DEF save money downloading books as apposed to just buying them in store! So excited by that!!
We want to spoil Mike for his birthday too with a new guitar amp he has had his eye on - so saving for that too!

Top gear is making me laugh so much!! What a load of nonsense - LOVE IT!! Jeremy Clarkson is driving around in a three wheeled car and just crashing it all over the place like a chop!!
let me get back to watching, I'm missing too much of it :)
Hee hee, Holly has fallen asleep on my slipper and Timmy has just fallen asleep with his chin in mikes hand and Teddy still in his mouth!!

No comments:

Post a Comment